(16) Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Change is good.

It is a mantra that I have lived by my entire career.

Change is good.


Whether it be policies changing, employees changing, the industry changing, or changing bosses. I firmly believe that change is good. Change is inevitable. It is going to happen. But how you handle change is what seperates us from the animals.

And sometimes being an animal is a good thing. *wink* As illustrated in this book, the animal is a mouse. When change happens, rather than yelling "HEY! Who moved my cheese??" The two mice in this parable rolled with the punches. They went off in search of "cheese" . Rather than overanalyzing the problem, rather than hoping the cheese would magically appear, rather than standing around blaming everyone else, the mice went in search of more cheese.

Problem: Cheese Gone.
Solution: Find more cheese.

Duh.

Seems pretty simple, doesn't it?

I am in the middle of change in my employment environment. And yes, I will admit, I am fearful of what the next change will bring. I can either let my fear cripple me into making stupid mistakes or I can become a mouse and just roll with the punches.

I want to roll with the punches. I want to be a leader to all of the others going through the same changes I am. I want to maintain my positive attitude and stay focused on the cheese! I NEED to stay focused on the cheese.

If you see or hear me losing my focus, slap me upside the head. *grin* I do not need to worry about my cheese moving.

I am a mouse.
Lisa Mandina said...

I know what you're saying. But I am done rolling with the punches for my teaching job. I am going to have to try harder and go looking farther for that library job this year. Don't worry, I'll let you know if you get out of wack at work! But I won't smack you!

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

LOL --- I understand being "done". Believe me, I understand. And being "done" is ok, too.

Hang in there with the library gig, good things are bound to happen!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.