(51) Julia's Chocolates by Cathy Lamb

Tuesday, June 10, 2008


I love a beautiful afternoon on the porch!
I was able to polish off this spectacular book in one short afternoon.
I discovered Cathy Lamb a few weeks ago when I read her newest book, The Last Time I Was Me. I enjoyed that book so much that I just had to read more. And I was not disappointed in the slightest.
Julia is escaping. She is running from an abusive boyfriend & narrowly escaping an abusive marriage. She is running from the memories of her horrid childhood. But she is running towards her family. Aunt Lydia. Aunt Lydia is the only stabilizing force in Julia's past or present. She goes to Aunt Lydia's to heal.
Surrounded by Aunt Lydia & her "girls", The thousands of chickens she raises, Julia starts to heal. She becomes a beloved member of the community & of Aunt Lydia's "Psychic Night" girls. Julia starts to face her past & her fears & starts becoming the woman she was born to be.
Cathy Lamb has done such an excellent job of telling Julia's story. You can't help but cheer her on. And wish you could be there to support her & the other woman of "Psychic Night" as they struggle through life.
Julia's Chocolates comes with a readers guide & excellent material perfect for leading a book club.
Anonymous said...

I love your site design! Welcome to book blogs! Drop by my place for a visit!!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.