(66) Size 14 Is Not Fat Either by Meg Cabot

Saturday, July 12, 2008



Meg Cabot is my guilty pleasure. She is the one author that (almost) never has a "stinker" and can always make me laugh out loud. Always.

Picture it. It is a rainy, cool Saturday afternoon & I am sitting on my front porch. Laughing. Out loud. I am sure the neighbors heard me, but frankly, I don't care.

Meg Cabot knows how to write. And Heather Wells is one of her best characters. If you remember, from Size 12 Is Not Fat, Heather is the former teen pop star who lives with her ex-fiance's brother & works at the Residence Hall (not dorm) for New York College. AKA Death Dorm.

And no matter how hard Heather tries, she can not stay out of trouble. Well trouble in the sense that her residents keep getting murdered & the police aren't competent enough to ask the right questions or solve the crime. So much to the dismay of Cooper, her roommate & the detective on the case, Heather is neck deep in trouble (pun intended).

So my recommendation? If you find yourself stranded at home on a rainy Saturday afternoon, be sure to have a Meg Cabot book nearby. She is guaranteed to brighten your day.

Lisa Mandina said...

I still need to read this one. As for Meg Cabot never having a "stinker", the book I read, "She Went All the Way" was not a stinker, but not as good as she usually is.

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

You are right, Lisa. I read that one, too & it wasn't her best. I think it was a resissue of one of her early books.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.