(93)Skyward by Mary Alice Monroe

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Right from the get go I will say that I did not enjoy Skyward as much as I had hoped I would. I think it boils down to the birds. I am not a huge fan of birds.

Skyward is about a lost nurse finding a lost father with a very sick little girl. Harris and his young daughter have been alone for a very long time. But Harris is not the kind of guy who knows what to do with a little girl. He would rather be at his clinic that takes care of injured and sick birds of prey. Well then Marion becomes very sick and is diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes. He hires Ella, an embattled ER nurse who is tired of losing children. She is ready to take care of just one child, but she did not expect to fall in love with both Father & Child. Their new little family faces destruction though when Marion's mother shows up. Will Ella lose yet another child or will she finally find the happiness she craves?

So that premise should make for a nice, neat 300 page Chick Lit novel. Well, we also get an extra 150 pages or so about the Birds of Prey. Honestly, I thought it was too long and I found my eyes glazing over and skipping pages just because I really didn't connect with the whole bird story line. I know lots of you out there have a fascination with Hawks, Raptors, and the like, so this book is for you. Everyone else may want to skip this one.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.