(162) If This is Paradise, I Want My Money Back by Claudia Carroll

Tuesday, October 18, 2011


If This is Paradise, I Want My Money Back

Publication Date: October 18, 2011
480 Pages


There is something about Irish Chick Lit that just makes it feel like home. I know that sounds weird, but it is just so familiar to me that if feels like home. Claudia Carroll is one of those authors that just feel cozy to me.


Charlotte (great name, huh?) is in a horrific car crash after her boyfriend of five years tells her that he has fallen in love with Actress, Sophie "bleeding" Kelly. The next thing Charlotte knows her late father is by her side and she is being given an opportunity to return to earth as a Guardian Angel. Only Charlotte forgot about the pesky little rule of "don't interfere with free will". Will she earn her wings are there other plans for her....

I really, really enjoyed If This Is Paradise I Want My Money Back. Claudia Carroll has collected a fun, yet rag tag cast of characters with only one thing in common. Charlotte Grey. Charlotte was a fun character who truly believed that she was doing the best for all of those that she loved, in reality she was complicating things beyond belief. Her hysterical antics really made the book a fun read. The book is a light-hearted look at the "What If's" of the afterlife. A perfectly fluffy way to pass the day!


Sam (Tiny Library) said...

Sounds like a fun, laid back read. Ever since first seeing It's A Wonderful Life I'm always interested in books & films about guardian angels, especially if they sound like cosy reads.

Disneypal said...

I love your blog so much. I put this book on my "to read" list because of your review - I've done that many times and sure I will again :)

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.