(8)Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me
(and Other Concerns) 

Publication Date: September 18, 2012
Pages: 240


I have a major girl crush on Mindy Kaling.  I have never really paid much attention to her character on The Office (shhh, don't tell her I said that) but this Fall my husband & I started to watch The Mindy Project and it is one of our new favorite shows.  Mindy's character and the writing of the show really remind me of Bridget Jones.

Anyway, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns) was an audiobook that I was listening to while on the treadmill, which is funny considering Mindy discusses her workout routine and her playlists in the book.  This book just seems to be a free flowing collection of stories about Mindy's life -from childhood to college to her time in New York City as an Au Pair and of course her time on The Office.  My favorite parts were when Mindy starts gushing pop culture references that we all of us (of a certain age) can relate to. Harry Potter, 80's movies, Chick Lit (and flicks) - her favorite comedy scenes on screen.   You name it and she covers it in her cute, witty way.

I love to "read" celebrity memoirs in audiobook form, especially when the author is the narrator.  It feels like this famous person is sitting down and PERSONALLY telling me the story of her life. I found it quite hilarious that she starts talking about her way of creating these horrible fantasies when working out WHILE I was letting the treadmill kick my butt.  Anyway - even if you aren't that familiar with my new BFF, Mindy Kaling, any "Child of the 80's" will get enjoyment for her memoir.  Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me is a funny, witty book that will leave you smiling like you do after a few hours with your BFF.  I promise.
Sara Lucinda Bell said...

This makes me so excited! I actually just picked this one up the other day!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.