I am gonna gush for a minute.....

Saturday, January 12, 2013


I am gonna gush for a minute about a product that I got for Christmas.  I want to give you the disclaimer that I am NOT getting anything as compensation for this gushing post, about ---> that wonderful product.  I just love it THAT MUCH! (Okay I take that back - I get something for referring friends - details at the bottom)

If you have been reading my blog for a while then you know that I have been "trying" to lose weight for the last year.  Not too long before Thanksgiving the battery in my Heart Rate Monitor finally gave out after two years.  Rather than just replace the battery my husband and I did some extensive research on what was on the market.  I wanted something that gave me as much data as possible.  Not only am I a data nerd, but I am a gadget nerd. So I wanted something that would satisfy both of my nerdy needs.  Like I said we did extensive research, like hours and hours.  I saw the BodyMedia and was very impressed by what I saw.  My husband on the other hand was very skeptical because of the monthly subscription fee - a whole $6 a month.   So life got crazy in November and we just kind of dropped the subject.

Fast forward to Christmas morning and guess what was sitting under the tree???  I got the exact one that is shown in the picture and it came with three months worth of subscription.  I have religiously been wearing the armband since Christmas day, (it is easy to forget that you have it on) when I set up my account and my goals.  The armband goes on your upper arm (for me my left arm) and it  tracks everything. Using your smartphone you can track everything throughout the day. Your calories burned, consumed, minutes of activity, steps taken and the amount of sleep you got the night before.  (It is pretty freaking awesome). Every couple of days or so you need to plug it in to your computer to download all of the data and charge the battery, but it doesn't take long.

It is just today that I am fully realizing how awesome the app really is.  While you can log your food intake using the BodyMedia app - you can also sync your My Fitness Pal account (we all know they have the most extensive database for calorie tracking) to the BodyMedia .  Both apps will sync up and track your food/exercise.  Here is the super awesome thing -  the App also has the workout tab.  You can choose your workout goal - whether it be steps, calories burned, time, etc..  and you can watch your progress real-time on the app.  I used it this afternoon on the treadmill and was so surprised at how big of a difference there was between the BodyMedia and the digital display on the treadmill.

I know the New Year is notorious for the "lose weight and get in shape" resolutions, but for me this year is different.  I am tired of being fat and I am tired of the half-hearted attempts at losing weight.  This is it. I am doing it this year and the BodyMedia is going to help me get there.  -- OH and it is the tracking system that they are using this season on the Biggest Loser!  That kind of endorsement was another reason why it was so attractive to me during the research stage.

Now here is where the compensation comes in - as I was poking around the website I saw that there is compensation for referrals.  Three months of subscription ($18 value) for anyone that I refer to BodyMedia. So if you are interested, send me your email and I will send you the information.   I am not one to use my blog to "pimp" anything other than books - but I really and truly am so impressed by this product that I just wanted to share my experience so far with the BodyMedia.   If you have any questions or want more info, please don't hesitate to ask!
Sara Lucinda Bell said...

This does sound pretty darn awesome! I have been using MyFitnessPal (well, not while pregnant) for weight loss and I do love it, but you have to manually enter everything and therefor remember everything!
This would be so convenient!!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.