(85)It Takes Balls by Josh Wolf

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It Takes Balls

Pages: 256
Publication Date: March 19, 2013


Shhhhh, I have a secret to share with you.  It may come as a complete surprise to some of you, but I love raunchy, frat boy humor. In fact the raunchier the better. I had never heard of Josh Wolf before reading this book, but the title alone made me laugh out loud,, so I was willing to give it a shot.

Josh Wolf was still fairly young when he found himself a single dad with three young children. They were all crammed in a one room apartment and while Josh was trying to make a living as a stand-up comic and to make ends meet he becomes the "peanut butter and jelly" guy.  And endeavor which hysterically ends with a visit from the health department.  Dating as a single dad is fuel for the hysterical fire, too.  From using his son as a wing man to getting busy in his Toyota Sienna, the laughs are never-ending. From tales of coaching little league to taking his teen daughter across country for her first kiss, Josh Wolf regales us with hysterical tale after hysterical tale.

Having not known anything about Josh Wolf at all I knew that I was taking a risk with It Takes Balls.  A little Google search tells me that Josh Wolf is no longer struggling at stand-up comedy, but a regular on Chelsea Lately. His tales had me laughing so hard that my husband kept saying "what is so funny".  Some of it was raunchy and total frat boy type of humor, like when Josh and his buddies went to Vegas. Other stories were sweet, but you had to search for the sweet under the foul language and scathing insults. I think it goes without saying that you will find  f-bombs and mentions of "boobies" generously dispersed throughout this book.

Bottom line, if f-bombs and "boobies" don't offend you, then you must pick up It Takes Balls for a few hours of laugh out loud, raunchy humor. That much laughter is guaranteed to be good for your soul.


Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.